- NetworksTraditional and Cisco ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) networks. LAN, MAN, WAN, WLAN. TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing, switching and multicast protocols (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, STP, VRRP, multicast, DNS, DHCP...), VoIP, QoS, VLAN and 802.1Q.
- Application protocolsHTTP(S), FTP(S), SSH, POP, IMAP, SMTP...
- SupervisionSNMP Nagios/Centreon, Splunk, Arcsight
- Load & Link BalancingF5 Big-IP LTM certified, Barracuda Link Balancer
- FirewallsCheck Point Expert, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, knowledge on Fortinet
- ProxyBarracuda, basic knowledge on Bluecoat and Websense
- VPN VPN SSL and IPSecCheck Point, Palo Alto Global Protect, Barracuda
- Anti-spamBarracuda, knowledge on Ironport
- EndpointMcAfee ePO / DXL / TIE / ATD, Check Point Endpoint Security
- MiscPKI, 802.1X, basic knowledge on hacking and vulnerabilities exploits
- WindowsWindows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 2003 Server, 2008 Server
- Unix / LinuxRed Hat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, FreeBSD
- VMwareESX / ESXi, vSphere, Workstation, Player
- ScriptingPython, bash, powershell
- Databases and directoriesSQL, LDAP (AD, Open LDAP)
- Name: Pierre Checa
- Nationality: Australian (and French) citizen
- Adress: Melbourne region
Cisco Certified Network Professional, February 2014.
Cisco Certified Network Associate, April 2009.
Check Point CCSE
Check Point Certified System Expert R71, January 2011.
Check Point CCSA
Check Point Certified System Administrator R70, May 2010.
Palo Alto ACE 6.0
Palo Alto Accredited Certified Engineer 6.0, April 2014.
Palo Alto ACE 5.0
Palo Alto Accredited Certified Engineer 5.0, October 2013.
Certified F5 Administrator
F5 Big-IP LTM certified, March 2013
VMware VCP 550
VMware Certified Professional, April 2015 (VCP 410 May 2011).
ITIL v3 Foundation
Barracuda Certified Engineer, June 2010.
Alcatel-Lucent System&Field Expert
Several networks, Wifi and telephony certifications.
Spanish, Portuguese, Bulgarian
Melbourne - AustraliaMay 2016 - August 2016
Senior IT consultant in Network Security
Red Resources recruitment.
Melbourne - AustraliaMarch 2016 - May 2016
Senior IT Consultant in Network Security
Melbourne - AustraliaApril 2014 - February 2016
Sacon Group is an innovative IT Consulting company, providing expertise on today and tomorrow’s Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, virtualisation, SDN networks and Data Centre consolidation.
Senior Network and Security Designer for a globally renowned ASX listed business.
Technical ownership and Consulting on a large program of work involving the migration of a whole datacentre.
Design and Architecture of a large and brand-new Cisco ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) network, being one of the first teams in Australia and in the Southern Hemisphere to implement this cutting-edge technology
Network Design and Architecture of a new public Cloud infrastructure with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Design, Architecture, Cisco, ACI, F5 Big-IP, Check Point, Palo Alto, AWS...
Senior IT Network and Security Consultant
O2 Networks (Telstra).
Melbourne - AustraliaJune 2013 - April 2014
Being an O2 Networks Engineer means having a strong expertise on “best of breed” network technologies such as Cisco, Check Point, Palo Alto, F5, Aruba, Riverbed, Fortinet, Blue Coat or Juniper.
Network and Security Designer for a globally renowned ASX listed business.
design and implementation on several technologies: Cisco routers, switches and ASA firewalls, Check Point (R70, R71, R76 on IPSO, SPLAT, GAIA, Provider-1...), F5 Big-IP, Palo Alto,...
Senior Network Security Consultant for diverse well-known customers in high paced and critical environments.
Architecture, Design, implementation, Cisco routers and ASA, Palo Alto Check Point, F5 Big-IP…
Senior IT Network and Security Engineer
Lazu, consulting for Village Roadshow.
Melbourne - AustraliaSeptember 2012-June 2013
Village Roadshow is a well known australian entertainment company, with many cinemas and theme parks around Australia.
Senior Network Security Engineer responsible for migrating the whole Village Roadshow core network to another location.
Planning, designing, implementing and supporting the network changes.
Migration of 15 Check Point VPN sites (partners, branch offices and remote access).
Proposing and implementing the most optimised security policy
Migration of the email security architecture (anti-spam and anti-virus) based on MailMarshal
Managing the Network Migration, including configuring routing and BGP on Cisco devices to change the way the different sites are connected to the Internet without impacting their business.
Support, BAUNetworking and security support to ensure Business As Usual
Writing technical documentations, specifications, implementations and architecture plans
Reasons for leaving
I migrated successfully the whole security and core network of the company, which was the reason of my presence there.
Check Point, VPN, Cisco, BGP, routing, design, IPSO, Nokia, MailMarshal.
IT Network and Security Engineer and Trainer
iGtech, EI-Technologies Group
Paris, FranceOctober 2009-September 2011
EI Technologies is a medium company (300 employees) with a specialization in IT security. My job was to train, audit and support our customers in different security technologies: firewalls (Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortinet, NetAsq), URL Filtering and Proxies (Websense, Bluecoat), VPN SSL Solutions (F5 Firepass, Check Point Connectra), anti-spam (Cisco Ironport, Barracuda Spam Firewall), and so on.
- DutiesAuditing customers, implementing their equipments, providing them a technical support, training them in IT security.
- TrainingOfficial IT Security Trainer in a Check Point ATC (Authorized Training Centre). I'm a Check Point and firewalling expert.
- Implementation and Supportof security products purposed by iGtech (Check Point, Barracuda and so on).
- CertificatesSecurity certificates management for the French Ministry of Education.
- Key achievementsEngineering: I successfully implemented different security solutions for iGtech customers, and solved lots of technical support issues.
Trainings: 100% customer satisfaction, mean of 4,7 out of 5 for the trainer's quality in 2010. I successfully trained IT security experts in Paris, other French cities, and in Cairo, Egypt
- KeywordsSecurity, Firewall, VPNs, Web Filtering, IDS/IPS, PKI
- Reasons for leavingI wanted to discover the world and provide my skills to an oversea company, in Australia especially
Network and telephony engineer and trainer
Alten Group, mission for Alcatel-Lucent
Paris, France and overseasJuly 2007-October 2009
Alten is a large French and European company (more than 11000 employees in 2009). Alcatel-Lucent is a worldwide company (more than 77000 employees all other the world).
- DutiesTrain technicians and engineers all over the world on Alcatel-Lucent IT networks and telephony technologies, and certify the best of them.
- Technical skillsI've got some deep knowledge and I'm certified in voice, Wifi and networks Alcatel-Lucent technologies. I worked on Alcatel-Lucent Omni-PCX Enterprise PABX (OXE) and on contact-centers technologies (Alcatel-Lucent Contact Center Distribution, Contact Center Premium Edition). I also worked on OmniAccess Wifi WLAN Technology (based on Aruba Networks), as well as on switchs and routers Alcatel OmniSwitchs.
- Key achievementsI successfully trained and certified dozens of people with a high satisfaction rate all other the world. I managed to forward my knowledge to people with some very different cultures in Brazil (one month), Mexico (one month), Canada (two weeks), Morocco (one week), Brussels (three weeks), and in France.
- KeywordsPABX, Hotlines, servers, VMWare, VoIP, Wifi, switchs and routers.
- Reasons for leavingI wanted to evolve technically in my career, and work especially in network security.
Network and Security Engineer
Alten Group, mission for Orange Labs
Paris, FranceSeptember 2006-July 2007
France Télécom (Orange) is the historical French access provider. It is the main French telecommunication company and one of the biggest in the world. Orange has about 170000 employees worldwide.
- Mission themeMeshed Wifi and mobile network anchor. The aim of this project was to improve classical WLAN networks by using mobile endpoints themselves in order to extend the Wifi coverage at low cost.
- DutiesProvide some technical and innovative solutions to improve the architecture (DHCP, security, Quality of Service, monitoring, ...)
- Key achievementsI improved the project's concept by implementing new features. Thanks to this work, I presented with success these improvements to Didier Lombard (CEO) and all the Orange's board of directors; our project has been recognized internally as an "innovative project".
- KeywordsWifi, Security, VPN, Radius, DHCP, firewalling.
- Reasons for leavingI did my best to improve the project and most was done on this topic. Alten proposed me a very interesting evolution at Alcatel-Lucent and I accepted.
Engineer level internship
France Telecom-Orange Labs
Lannion, FranceFebruary 2006-August 2006
- SubjectVideo Games on Wifi Ad-Hoc networks.
- ObjectivesProvide some improvements on ad-hoc multi-hop networks in order to increase the gameplay.
- Reasons for leavingEnd of the internship.
Technical level internship - DotNET developer
Sofia, BulgariaJune 2005-September 2005
- DutiesQuality Insurance Technician. My job was to create some automatic testing programs in order to test the Eastisoft software range of products.
- AchievementsI helped the company to test its software hanks to my programs. I managed to fit in perfectly in a company and a country with a very different culture.
- KeywordsXML, DotNET, Visual Basic, C#, SQLServer.
Engineering school in Computer Science2003 - 2006
"Ecole Polytechnique de l'Universite de Nantes", France
Computing Systems, Software and Networks, specialization in Systems and Networks.
Research Masters Degree2006
University of Nantes and "Ecole des Mines de Nantes", France
Master ALD ("Architectures Logicielles Distribuees" which means "Distributed Software Architectures")
Specialized in multimedia and models engineering.
Two-year intensive preparation for competitive examinations
giving access to French Advanced Engineering Schools2001-2003
University of Caen, France
Main topics: mathematics, physics, mechanics and computer-science
Scientific High School Diploma2001
Specialization in Mathematics
- TravelsClose to forty visited countries, for professional and for personal purposes.
Webmaster of www.tourdublog.com, a travel blog (French version)
- PhotographyI'm an amateur photographer, especially panoramic landscapes.
I work as a photographer for the website www.australia-australie.com, a French Website dedicated to Australia.
See my Portfolio
- Basket-ballI've played Basket-ball for more than 15 years.
- Scuba-divingCertified PADI Open Water
Print Resume Download Resume